Our first meeting of the new year went smoothly and was well attended. The club was welcomed by our new officers, Mark Beougher (president) and Rich McNaughton (treasurer), and returning officers Jeana Fisher (Secretary), Allen Heindel (vice president), and Mike Doseck (past president).
Unfortunately the speaker had to cancel, though that left the club ample time for questions and covering other business. We started the meeting with a presentation by Beth Keuneke, the Saint Mary’s Librarian. Beth discussed resources the library had that may be useful for club members including accessing a plethora of physical library books and many databases of electronic information. After Beth’s presentation the current board members presented the library with a donation of a few more beekeeping related books. Head to the Saint Mary’s library if you would like to see the new additions!
Other topics discussed at the meeting included:
- Renewing your GGLBA membership – forms can be printed and mailed with your money to treasurer Rich McNaughton or can be brought to the next meeting.
- Consider also joining OSBA.
- Beginner Beekeeping class is quickly approaching – February 9th. Sign up now to secure your spot as space is limited.
- Honey Judging Class – held in Columbus March 8 and 9th. Contact Ohio State Beekeepers if interested.
- Mead Making class to be held in March by club member Ty Shelby.
- Other Beekeeping Classes to attend: Indiana Bee School – February 23, 2019 Tricounty Beekeepers Association Workshop – March 1 and 2, 2019